Doves Love Birds

Posted by Blogger.com | Posted in | Posted on 01:24

Remembering a recent ceremony for our county fallen Vets, I surmised this dove lost its way. I marveled knowing this experience was "once in a life" moment. To our astonishment, the dove repeated her routine daily. Over the roof - into the tree - down to our pond or to our bird baths. As days passed, slowly I ventured closer and saw there no bands on her legs. We lovingly calling her Tammy, after our neighbor who lost her life to cancer. It was her house the dove chose to rest on. Symbolically the beautiful dove would represent all the amazing woman we loved and lost.
As each day passed, I believed Tammy would continue visiting our yard each day but I needed to educate myself on her breed, an appropriate diet and how to house and protect in Colorado's winter. I contacted the White Dove Ceremony organization and spoke with Sandra. Once she examined the photographs, she verified it was a rock dove. She explained the dove could have "flown the coupe" but more than likely lost her internal signal and wandered from a private ceremony. Although she suggested capturing her and keeping her inside, Tammy was not going to have any of that.





Comments (0)

Post a Comment